- 7 Laysan Bay Farm organic eggs
- large iron skillet
- 4 tbsps. extra virgin olive oil
- small amounts of any desired leftover vegetables to sauté (broccoli florets, asparagus, cooked potatoes, asparagus, peppers, onions, etc.)
- small amounts of any already-cooked meat (if desired) already cut into small bite-sized pieces ie: sausage, bacon, kielbasa, shrimp, ham, etc.
- 1/4 stick butter
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (cheddar or Monterey Jack)
- 1/4 cup non-skim milk
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
Step 1: Add olive oil to cast iron skillet on medium heat on top of stove. Once oil is heated, add in your desired vegetables and sauté until slightly brown, stirring constantly. Add in meat (if desired) and fold together as you stir to coat all ingredients in oil. Then, add in butter and continue to stir/coat.
Step 2: In a separate bowl crack 7 Laysan Bay Farm organic eggs and milk. Beat well to mix.
Step 3: Make sure skillet edges are coated with oil and butter mixture using your spatula. Also, make sure all ingredients are spread out evenly and level, not piled up, but covering whole area evenly. Preheat your “oven” to 350-degrees.
Step 4: Then gently pour in well-stirred egg/milk mixture evenly within skillet. Smooth out with spatula to make sure all ingredients are level and slightly covered by eggs everywhere.
Step 5: Decrease stove burner heat to low. Evenly sprinkle shredded all across the top. Let cook 5 minutes as-is to make sure the eggs are set.
Step 6: Place entire skillet within your pre-heated oven on 350 for 10 minutes, to finish cooking.
Step 7: Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly. Use a knife to make sure edges are not stuck to the sides of the skillet. Sprinkle on shredded parmesan cheese. Salt and Pepper entire dish to taste. Using large knife, cut like a pie in slices and serve on individual plates with any desired sides (fresh fruit or garden vegetables, toast, etc.)